Call For Poems Of Sophy Chen’s Translation Of “World Poetry Yearbook” (C-E Bilingual) all years
Please submit 1 masterpiece of free verse in English within 25 lines
or haiku in English within 3-9 sentences.
Submission Method: Sophy Chen’s facebook
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notice to Contributors of World Poets' Poetry Collection Series of Sophy Chen World Poetry Translation Library (Bilingual)
The International Logo Contest of “Sophy poetry & International Translation”
It Is a Pure & Nonprofit Public Literary Website
Premise & Background
For a long time, due to the communication barriers of Chinese and foreign languages, the narcissism of Chinese poets and their retreated and indifferent attitude to international poetry, Chinese poetry and international poetry circles are in the condition of isolation or of its severe information asymmetry. Poetry as refined and elegant art is undoubtedly on the brink, and it is also a small minority, but the new poetry translation and dissemination, since its creation of a century, starting from Hu Shi, Zhou Zuoren and others, must be done and can be done by its cultural elites.
“Sophy Poetry & Translation Website” is so far the China’s only one International Poetry Translation Website, by the name of poet and poetry translator, and it is also China’s first English-Chinese poetry translation website. At the beginning of its setup, Sophy Chen/Lihua Chen, its founder, has made its clear and direct promise to promote the direct and equal communication of Chinese and international poetry. Since its commissioning in October 2014, the Chinese version website (https://www.sophypoetry.com/cn), has given a great surprise that Chinese poetry directly has gone into the international poetry circles and international poetry has gone into the Chinese poetry circles.
As an online communication tie of Chinese poets and international poets, and also as the pioneer of poetry translation and dissemination, “Sophy Poetry & Translation Website” has had a considerable influence in Chinese poetry circles, translation circles and international poet circles, and its brand value is growing.
A logo is the most basic identifying mark of a brand. The original logo of “Sophy Poetry & Translation Website” designed personally by its creator, Chinese poet, Dazang, because of the graphic design skills and lack of design ability, its brand logo is very poor, which does not match with its brand tension and its long way prospects.
To the international image and future vision of Sophy poetry and Sophy poetry translation, its founder, Sophy Chen/Lihua Chen, launched the Logo Contest of “Sophy poetry & International Translation”. I desperately hope your advice and brilliant splendor, you poetry lovers, readers, poets, writers, and especially professional graphic designers, to “Sophy Poetry & International Translation”.
In the original brand mark, people first remembered the core visual and meaning element of “sophy” (the red word); at the same time, Sophy’s personal portrait frequent appearing as its primary visual brand identity, which has in readers and poets’ mind.
The First Prize：1
Bonus: 1000 RMB/ 150 USD (Winners worldwide Chinese-English news release, with designers’ profile within 300 words)
Design Dominees: 5
Bonus: No Bonus ((Winners worldwide Chinese-English news release, with designers’ profile within 300 words)
Bonuses in the form of: Direct Payment or Design Partner
First, if one participating designer’s logo design work ultimately selected as the logo of “Sophy Poetry & International Translation”, this will have a related benefit:
1) The International Design Award of this logo belongs to its designers, Sophy Chen will help its designers submit to its desired translation entry text data (but entry fee required, designers will pay it themselves);
2) Once the logo works won its prize, “Sophy Poetry & International Translation” and all its media and media partners will post its news in English and Chinese based on its designers’ profiles and photos;
3) If the designers are in the long-term non- paid cooperation, designers can be posted its design works, with the designer’s images;
Second, the outstanding designers (regardless of whether its winners or not), all voluntarily unpaid volunteers who do as the designers of Sophy series of published book graphic design, web design and related images’ landscaping:
1, Sophy Chen will firstly invite the designer for art and design adviser of website, written in adviser lists and will firstly invite the designer as the designer of a series of books, specially for the cover design of books which Sophy edited, and this designer will written on copyright page s and give a news release worldwide.
2, the International Design Award for the book cover belongs to its designers, Sophy Chen will help its designers submit to its desired translation entry text data (but entry fee required, designers will pay it themselves); Once the works won its prize, “Sophy Poetry & International Translation” and all its media and media partners will post its news in English and Chinese based on its designers’ profiles and photos;
3）If the designers are in the long-term non- paid cooperation, designers can be posted its design works, with the designer’s images;
4）If the designers are in the long-term non- paid cooperation, at the same time, the designers are the excellent poets, Sophy will translate 1-2 poems per year as its appropriate obligations, which are published in books or poetry sections, Sophy edited or in “Sophy Poetry & International Translation”.
Brand Name: Sophy Poetry & International Translation (苏菲诗歌&国际翻译网);
1, the main site: www.sophypoetry.com
2, affiliated websites (English-Chinese Edition)
Sophy’s poetess Image（download）：
Design Requirements and Hint
1, Logo Form:
1) Currently, the new revision of the site logo (Mobile) adapts to a long horizontal form logo (eg 265x65px), taking into account the common logo to “Sophy Poetry & International Translation” computer homepage logo, its phone homepage logo, its picture watermark logo, its all cultural markers, such as: business cards, clothing, utensils, notebooks, books, posters, award, trophy, membership cards and other patterns, and its international generality, so please all designers design a variety style of logos and a variety of arrangement logos.
2) The English website logo: strip bar (long 220-280px, wide 40-80px). A bright, elegant style, with the coordinating patterns, the pen name Sophy: the “S” inside Sophy, as the main element or the “Sophy” as main element, and also according to the poetess Sophy’s international poetry image as the image-based elements with other words, Sophy Poetry & International Translation, or add its URL: www.sophypoetry.com. Sophy wishes its design perspective can skip out of Chinese design style, which is not only in Europe and America and even the British style, but also looks elegant and sedate,(particularly in English letters or letters design combinations).
3) English-Chinese website logo: strip bar (long 220-280px, wide 40-80px). A bright, elegant style, with the coordinating patterns, the pen name Sophy: the “S” inside Sophy, as the main element or the “Sophy” as main element, and also according to the poetess Sophy’s international poetry image as the image-based elements with other words, Sophy Poetry & International Translation, and its Chinese web name: 苏菲诗歌&国际翻译网, or add its URL: www.sophypoetry.com. Sophy wishes its design both in Chinese, Europe, and America, even British style, but looks elegant, and dignified, preferably having Institute style.
4) Page watermark logo: please design a watermark logo with perfect aspect ratio, which will be used as watermark of picture uploading. If you will use Sophy’s poetess image as its elements, be sure to consider image’s permeability and shadow effects (Please considering the image perfectly match with its web pictures or not).
Sophy’s poetess Image（download）：
5) In addition, the designers can use your potential ability to design some free form logos.
2, Words Arrangement:
Due to the different logo visual sense of mobile site and desktop site, vertical text in computer vision is very good, but when put it in the phone which becomes very stacked and cumbersome. But if it is in horizontal text, its watermark image appears too long, so the designers have to deal with it according to its specific circumstances. It would be best that all places are marked with one logo.
3, Design Recommendations:
The logo should be elegant, simple, and easy to remember and spread with a perspective impact.
With western English words style as its main cultural elements, its logo should reflect Sophy’s leading element, which is not only to highlight its international concept, but also to highlight the poetry and poets’ elegance; the logo’s color should be simple and elegant, no more than three colors. Mixed color coordination should be to the natural transition, with a sense of strong overall design. Three-dimensional logo should be in elegant character atmosphere, with a natural three-dimensional sense, and without a stiff three-dimensional sense.
1) The source document is a vector diagram or not less than 300dpi, that can be used in print or sign making, please indicate the standard ratio, the standard color, font and size;
2) Design manuscript comes with a clear explain to its text express ideas and creative ideas;
1) All logos must be original, with their designers’ independent property. If it involves its third-party infringement, it’s solely responsible for the design provider.
2) The award winning logo, once its designers accepted the prize or the terms of cooperation projects, its intellectual property rights, including copyrights, publishing rights, and the right to modify the design work, combinations and applications have been regarded as the winning logo’s copyright to Sophy Poetry & International Translation and its designers may not be transferred or sold to others to use.
3）please local designers assist to logo copyright registration
Website Presentation (refer to the relevant pages within the introduction page):
“Sophy poetry & International Translation”, is the English-Chinese bilingual poetess, and poetry translator, Sophy Chen/Lihua Chen, founded personally, which is China’s first English-Chinese international poetry translation website and which post Sophy Chen’s original poetry and poetry translation works as its main body, leading an international poets’ and translator’s works spreading. This site is a pure nonprofit public literary website.
Logo Style Reference:
International: Facebook.com, COSMOFUNNEL.com, Poetry.com, PoemHunter.com, Twitter.com, ISSUU.COM, Amazon.com, google +; google, and etc.
Sina blog, Sina micro blog, Baidu and other Chinese-English logos, or such as serial number: 20160123154757016500, 20150701163609050200 in http://www.huitu.com/ and other English “S” style logos.
Submission E-mail: email@example.com
If you would like to submit your works here, please do not forget your e-mail and bank account number, for it will be convenient to pay you.
Awards Sponsors: Sophy Chen / Chen Lihua, the founder, Sophy Poetry & International Translation
If you want to know the old logos of the old web, Sophy Poetry & Translation Website, please visit:
1, the main site: www.sophypoetry.com
2, affiliated website (English-Chinese Edition)
But do not be influenced by their logos, you’d better have your own idea.
Thanks for your attention and participation
Sophy Chen / Chen Lihua
Sophy Poetry & International Translation
2016-04-07, Guangzhou, China
长期以来，由于中外语言沟通的障碍，国内诗歌界的孤芳自赏以及对国际诗坛闭关冷漠的心态，中国诗歌和国际诗歌界处于隔绝或信息严重不对等的状态。诗歌作为高雅艺术无疑是处于边缘的，也是小众的，但诗歌的翻译和传播自新诗创建百年以来，从胡适、周作人等人开始，却必须也只能由文化精英分子来做。“苏菲诗歌&翻译网”，就是目前为止中国唯一一家以诗歌翻译家名字命名的国际诗歌翻译网，也是中国首家英汉对照诗歌翻译网。在建站之初，创始人苏菲/Sophy Chen/ 陈丽华就明确提出了促进中国诗歌与国际诗歌的直接、对等沟通的宗旨。中文版网站（https://www.sophypoetry.com/cn)自2014年10月份试运行以来，给中国诗歌直通国际、国际诗歌走进中国带来了莫大的惊喜；作为中外诗人在线交流的一条纽带，作为诗歌翻译与传播的先行者，“苏菲诗歌&翻译网”已经在中国的诗歌界、翻译界以及国际诗人圈中产生了相当大的影响力，其品牌价值正与日俱增。
商标名称：Sophy Poetry & International Translation (苏菲诗歌&国际翻译网)；
2）纯英语网站logo：长条横排（长220-280px，宽40-80px）。可用一个色彩鲜明、格调高雅、搭配协调的图案，将苏菲的笔名：Sophy 里面的“S”为主元素或整个单词Sophy为主元素，也可用苏菲的诗人形象照头像为主元素。其他文字，用纯英文Sophy Poetry & International Translation, 或可加上网址：www.sophypoetry.com。 希望设计跳出中国设计风格，既具有欧美英伦风格，又显得典雅稳重（尤其英文字母或字母组合的设计）。
3）英汉对照网站logo：长条横排（长220-280px，宽40-80px）。可用一个色彩鲜明、格调高雅、搭配协调的图案，将苏菲的笔名：Sophy 里面的“S”为主元素或整个单词Sophy为主元素，也可将苏菲的诗人形象照头像为主元素。其他文字，把英文Sophy Poetry & International Translation, 和汉语网站名字：“苏菲诗歌&国际翻译网”写在一起，或可加上网址：www.sophypoetry.com。希望设计中西合璧，既具有欧美英伦风格，又显得典雅厚重，最好具有学院风范。
国际：Facebook.com, COSMOFUNNEL.com, Poetry.com, PoemHunter.com, Twitter.com, ISSUU.COM, Amazon.com, google+; google, 等
新浪博客，新浪微博，百度等汉英结合logo，或者汇图网部分logo式样，如编号：20160123154757016500， 20150701163609050200 等 英文“S” 风格的logo。
奖项发起人：苏菲诗歌&国际翻译网 创办人： 苏菲/陈丽华 （Sophy Chen）
苏菲/陈丽华 （Sophy Chen）
©Translated by Sophy Chen
"Sophy Poetry & Translation" (E-C) Magazine Needs Poems All Years
a good poem or more poems, bio in 100words, send to
Sophy World Poetry Museum Collecting Chinese And Foreign Poets Books / Poetry Collections All Years
联系微信: sophypoetry2, 478674384
©Translated by Sophy Chen
1. Works translated by Sophy Chen, whether it is English-Chinese translation or Chinese-English translation, the copyright of the translated text belongs to the translator Sophy Chen. Without the written permission of Sophy Chen, the translated text may not be altered, re-translated or translated into other languages.
2.The translated works whose target language is Chinese or English (the translator's name is removed) are not allowed to be published on the Internet, published in domestic and foreign publications or awarded as the original works or translated works of the author. If the translated works are not accompanied by the translator's name or without the original language or target language or conceal the translator's name, you will be treated as infringement of translation copyright and will be notified online and investigated for legal liability.
3.No translated works or translated publication maybe reproduced,co-edited or reproduced without the written permission of the publisher, author or translator.
4. The copyright of the original works belong to the original author. Without the written permission of the original author, no individual may alter or copy the works. Without the written permission of the original author and the original publisher, no other publishing institution may usurp or reprint the original publication.
[ 法律顾问：李刚 Legal Counsel : Ligang ]